- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large red bell peppers, chopped
- 1 large white onion , chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese, about 4 ounces
- 6 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Heat the oil in a 12-inch enameled cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add the bell pepper, onion, garlic and jalapeño pepper; cook, stirring occasionally, until slightly softened, about 5 minute. Stir in the paprika, cumin, coriander and cayenne pepper and cook until the vegetables are very soft, about 16-18 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, sugar and 1/2 teaspoon of the salt. Bring to a simmer; reduce the heat to medium-low and cook, stirring occasionally, until thickened, about 18-20 minutes. Stir in the feta cheese.
- Gently crack the eggs into the skillet over the tomato mixture, spacing them evenly. Season with the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake until the white are set and the yolks are still runny, about 8-10 minutes. Remove from the oven and garnish with chopped cilantro. Serve directly from the skillet.