- 2 tbsp Butter
- 3 Crisp fall seasonal apples, peeled, cored and diced
- Pinch Salt
- 2 tsp Cinnamon , Ground (separated)
- 1 Lemon, zested and juiced
- 3 tbsp Maple Syrup , Grade B (separated)
- 1 4 oz pkg Almonds, Slivered
- 8 oz Mascarpone cheese
- 12 2.5 oz Tart shells, such as DuFour Pastry Cups
- Apple Filling: Toast the almonds in a dry skillet over medium heat, or on a sheet pan in the oven at 350 degrees, until just golden brown
- Heat an open skillet over medium-high heat. When the pan is hot, add 2 tbsp of butter.
- Add the apples and sauté until the liquid is released and they are golden brown, about 5-8 minutes. Season with salt and cinnamon. Add zest and juice from lemon. Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Add 2 tbsp grade B maple syrup, toss in with cooked apples to glaze.
- DuFour Pastry Cups: Bake to package directions.
- Sweet Mascarpone: Mix 1 tsp cinnamon and 1 tbsp grade B maple syrup into 8 oz package of mascarpone.
- Put mascarpone in a re-sealable zipper storage bag and cut corner for piping.
- Fill tart shells half way with mascarpone mixture.
- Spoon the cooked spiced apple mixture into cups and top with slivered almonds.