- 1 cup sushi rice
- pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 8 ounces cooked lobster meat, cut into bite size pieces, about 1 1/2 cups
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili garlic sauce
- 3 sheets nori
- 6 steamed asparagus spears
- 1 large ripe avocado, pitted and cut itno 12 slices
- reduced sodium soy sauce
- wasabi for garnish
- pickled ginger for garnish
- Cook the sushi rice according to package directions with a pinch of salt. Combine the vinegar and honey in a small bowl and mix well. Pour mixture over the cooked rice, stir to distribute; cover the rice and let stand 10 minutes.
- Combine the lobster, mayonnaise and chili garlic sauce in a bowl.
- Place a bamboo sushi mat on a work surface. Place a sheet of nori on the mat with a long side closest to you. With lightly dampened hands, spread 1/3 of the rice on the nori. Arrange 1/3 of the lobster in a horizontal line about 1 1/2-inches from the edge closest to you. Place two asparagus spears next to the lobster mixture with the tops hanging over the edge of the nori on both the left and right sides. Line 4 avocado slices, overlapping if necessary, along side the asparagus. Grasp the edges of the nori and the mat closest to you. Fold the bottom over the filling and roll up, jelly roll style pressing down slightly with each quarter turn. Repeat with remaining nori sheets and ingredients to make 3 rolls. Transfer rolls to a cutting board. With a sharp knife dipped in hot water cut each roll crosswise into 8 pieces. Serve with soy sauce, wasabi and pickled ginger.