- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped rosemary
- Zest of 1/2 lemon
- 4 7-8 ounce fillet or preferred steaks
- baguette, arugula and soft goat cheese, to serve
- 1 basket cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1-2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Ground pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons Cabernet Sauvignon
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Combine the oil, rosemary and zest in a flat bowl. Season the steaks and roll in mixture to coat. Allow to sit to bring to room temperature, then remove from oil mixture.
- Halve the tomatoes and toss with the sugar, salt and pepper. Place in a small pan with any remaining marinade and cook over medium heat for 1-2 minutes, stirring to dissolve sugar. Add the wine and vinegar and cook for 2 minutes longer or until thickened.
- Preheat a grill to medium high and grill steaks for 3 minutes each side for medium rare or until cooked as desired. Rest for 5-10 minutes, then slice thickly.
- Split the baguette, spread with the cheese, and fill with the beef, arugula and warm tomato relish. Enjoy straight away.