- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup + 2 teaspoons sugar, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon or apple pie spice
- 6 medium Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and cut each into 8 wedges (about 2 1/2 lbs)
- 1 unbaked refrigerated pie crust
- 2 teaspoons cream
- Melt butter in an oven-safe Anolon Advanced Home Skillet; remove from heat. Stir in sugar and cinnamon. Arrange apple wedges evenly in skillet, overlapping as needed. Heat oven to 350°F.
- Place skillet over medium heat and cook until sugar mixture is light amber in color and bubbly, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Carefully place dough round on top of apples; cut a few slits in pastry to allow air to escape. Brush pastry with cream and the 2 teaspoons sugar. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until crust is golden brown and apples are tender. Serve warm or at room temperature.