- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups fresh corn kernels, cut from 3 ears
- 1 large Vidalia or other sweet onion, chopped into ½-inch pieces
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 orange bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 12-ounce bag frozen shelled edamame
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the corn and cook, stirring occasionally, until starting to brown, about 4-5 minutes. Transfer corn to a bowl and reserve.
- Return skillet to the stove and heat the remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Stir in the onion and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, until starting to brown, 3-4 minutes. Add the bell peppers and cook 2 minutes. Stir in the zucchini and cook 30 seconds. Add the edamame and cook 30 seconds, stirring. Pour in the broth, bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium and simmer, uncovered, until edamame is tender, 10-12 minutes. Add the corn, cook 1 minute. Remove from the heat and stir in the parsley, salt, and pepper.