- 1 1/2 pounds 85% lean ground beef
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup corn flake crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/4 cups ketchup
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- Combine the beef, eggs, corn flake crumbs, oregano, cinnamon, salt and pepper in a bowl. Form into 32 meatballs.
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium. Add half the meatballs to the skillet and cook, turning occasionally, until browned, about 4-5 minutes. Transfer to a plate and repeat with the remaining meatballs.
- Return all the meatballs to the skillet. Combine the ketchup, sugar, raisins, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce and water; add to the skillet. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to medium low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until sauce is thickened, 18-20 minutes.