To make blondies:
- 1 cup packed dark or light brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
To make frosting:
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teabag Earl Grey or Chai tea, or 1 teaspoon leaves
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- To make blondies:Preheat oven to 325°F. Line an 8x8-inch baking pan with foil leaving 1-inch overhang on ends; coat bottom with cooking spray or butter.
- Heat brown sugar and butter in a saucepan or microwave-safe bowl until butter is melted. Remove from heat; stir well. Mix in egg and vanilla.
- Stir in flour and baking powder until smooth. Spread in prepared pan. Bake 30-35 minutes until pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely.
- To make frosting:In a microwave-safe cup, heat milk to simmering; stir in tea, cover and let steep 10 minutes. Strain through a fine mesh sieve. With an electric mixer, beat butter to soften. Beat in powdered sugar then add 1-2 tablespoons milk and beat to a smooth frosting consistency. Holding foil, lift cooled brownies out of pan and set on work surface. Spread frosting evenly over brownies. Let stand until frosting is set, or refrigerate 15 minutes before cutting into bars.