- 8 ounces cleaned, rough-chopped ginger (by volume)
- 8 ounces honey
- 8 ounces boiling water
- 3 ounces bourbon
- 2 ounces Ginger-Honey Syrup
- 1.5 ounces lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons allspice or pimento liqueur
- 6 ounces water
- To make the ginger-honey syrup: Combine 8 ounces cleaned, rough-chopped ginger (each piece should be about the size of your pinkie-tip) in a blender with 8 ounces each of honey and boiling water. Blend on high until mixture is smooth, and then fine-strain through a sieve.
- To make the Thanksgiving Toddy: Combine bourbon, ginger syrup, lemon juice, allspice or pimento liqueur, and water in a double boiler over medium heat until hot. Transfer to preheated mugs and garnish with orange peel and star anise.