- 4 hamburger buns
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground turkey
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 slices American cheese
- Combine the turkey, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a bowl and mix well. Divide into eight equal portions and form each into a thin patty about 3 1/2 inches in diameter. Fold each slice of cheese into quarters to form a thick square. Place one cheese square into the center of four of the patties. Cover cheese with remaining four patties. Tightly pinch the edges of the patties to form a tight seal and reshape into neat patties if necessary.
- Preheat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add the patties and cook until nicely browned on the bottom, 5 minutes. Turn the patties and cook 3 minutes. Cover the skillet and cook until the patties are fully cooked through, about 2 minutes longer. Place one patty on each of 4 buns and serve with condiments of your choice.