- Yield: 8-12 Servings
- Course: Snack
- 1 pound russet potatoes, peeled
- 1 pound sweet potatoes, peeled
- 1 pound parsnips, peeled
- 1 pound red or golden beets, peeled
- 8-10 cups canola oil
- Sea salt, to taste
- Thinly slice the vegetables on a mandoline or other slicer to a thickness of 1/16-inch. Combine the russet potato slices with enough cold water to cover in a bowl and let stand 20 minutes. Drain and pat the slices dry with paper towels.
- Pour enough of the oil in an Anolon Advanced Bronze Stockpot to fill it 2-inches deep. Heat the oil over medium heat to 325°F. Line 2 large baking sheets with paper towels.
- Start with the russet potatoes: carefully add a small handful of the sliced potatoes to the oil. Allow them to fry, stirring occasionally, until crisp and slightly browned, 4-6 minutes. Remove the chips with a slotted spoon or strainer, gently shaking off excess oil, and transfer to the prepared baking sheets; season with salt while warm. Return the oil temperature to 325°F and repeat with the remaining potatoes.
- Return oil to 325°F. Add a handful of sweet potato chips and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned, 4-6 minutes. Remove the chips with a slotted spoon or strainer, shaking off excess oil and transfer to the prepared baking sheets and season while warm. The chips will crisp as they cool. Repeat with the remaining sweet potatoes, parsnips and beets.