- 2 duck breasts, skin and sinew removed
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 pound green beans, lightly blanched
- 12 fingerling potatoes, halved and boiled until tender
- 1/3 cup Nicoise olives
- 2 hard boiled eggs, quartered
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Heat a skillet over a medium heat and add the oil.
- Sauté the duck breasts for 5-6 minutes each side or until cooked as desired. I prefer it still just a little pink inside. Cover with foil and allow to rest for 10 minutes before slicing. The duck can also be chilled to serve as a cold salad.
- Place the beans, potatoes and olives in a bowl.
- Whisk together the dressing ingredients and reserve 1 tablespoon. Toss the remainder through the salad.
- To serve, slice the duck thickly. Arrange vegetables and eggs on plates or a platter. Top with the duck and drizzle with the reserved dressing.