IngredientsFor the Chimichurri:
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3-4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 shallot , finely diced
- 1 jalapeño or serrano pepper, seeded, finely diced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, minced
- 1/2 cup fresh flat leafy parsley, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/3 - 1/2 cup olive oil, taste as you go
- 1.5 - 2 pounds skirt steak, trimmed, tenderized
- 1-2 pounds fresh large shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 1-2 pints cherry tomatoes, on the vine
- 1 pound shishito peppers, cut in half
- 1 - 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, for the pan
- 1 - 2 tablespoons olive oil
- fresh ground pepper
- Skewers, 8 inches in length
- Preparation for Chimichurri: Mix vinegar, salt, garlic, shallot and jalapeño or Serrano pepper together in a medium-sized bowl and let sit for 15 minutes.
- Stir in parsley, cilantro and oregano.
- Whisk in the oil slowly until well combined, but not too oily.
- Season with salt to taste. (Store in fridge, in a sealed container for up to one week.)
- Preparation for Surf & Turf Skewers: Sprinkle steak with salt and pepper and allow to rest at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Thinly slice the steak into strips or dice into 1-1.5 inch cubes for skewers
- Peel the shrimp by pulling the outer shell off starting from the legs
- To devein the shrimp, simply cut a shallow slit down the middle of the back to expose the dark intestine.
- Gently remove it with a pairing knife, rinse under cold water and set aside
- Toss shrimp, tomatoes and shishito peppers with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Assemble steak, tomatoes, peppers and shrimp on skewers in a random order.
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of vegetable oil to an Anolon Try Ply Grill Pan, and turn burners to medium-high heat.
- Cook skewers for 3-4 minutes per side until char marks appear and meat is cooked through.
- Lightly brush the cooked skewers with chimichurri sauce and enjoy!