- 5 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup toasted walnuts
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 cup and additional for serving Parmesan cheese, grated
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
For the pasta:
- 1 pound bucatini pasta
- 6 slices bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 4 garlic clov1 pound bucatini pasta
6 slices bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced1 cup fresh or frozen peases, thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh or frozen peas
- For the pesto, combine the spinach, basil, walnuts, garlic, 1/4 cup cheese, oil, salt and pepper in a blender and puree.
- Bring an Anolon Advanced Umber 7.5-Qt. Wide Stockpot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook according to package directions; drain.
- Return the stockpot to the stove over medium heat and add the bacon. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the bacon is browned, 7-8 minutes. Add the garlic and cook until starting to brown, about 1-1 1/2 minutes. Stir in the peas and cook until bright green, about 2 minutes. Add the reserved pasta and cook until heated through, about 1-2 minutes. Remove from the heat and toss with the pesto. Divide among serving plates and serve with additional cheese if desired.