- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 pounds 93% lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup plum jam
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons lower sodium soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons chili garlic sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 4 potato sandwich buns
- Heat the oil in a 3 qt. sauté pan over medium-high. Add the onion, ginger and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, until starting to soften, about 2-3 minutes. Add the beef and cook, breaking it up into smaller pieces, are until it is no longer pink and most of the liquid has evaporated, 10-11 minutes.
- Combine the jam, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, chili-garlic sauce and brown sugar in a small bowl. Add the mixture to the beef and cook, stirring occasionally, until it is slightly thickened, 2—3 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the scallions and sesame seeds. Spoon the beef mixture on each of 4 potato rolls and garnish with additional sliced scallions and sesame seeds if desired.