For the Polenta:
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup polenta
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup zucchini or yellow squash, sliced
- 2 Japanese eggplants, sliced
- 1 cup sugar snap peas, sliced
- 1 ear fresh corn, roasted, cut off the cob
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- salt , to taste
- pepper , to taste
- 1/3 cup fresh basil, minced
- In an Anolon Nouvelle Copper 3.5 Qt. Saucepan, bring vegetable broth to a boil over medium heat. Gradually add polenta and salt and lower heat to a simmer, whisking to avoid clumps. Simmer until polenta is cooked, about 15-20 minutes, stirring often. When polenta is cooked, remove from heat and stir in butter and milk. Cover and set aside.
- In an Anolon Nouvelle Copper Stanless Steel Skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add squash, eggplant and snap peas and saute until browned, about 5-7 minutes. For more even browning, add vegetables in batches and add more olive oil as needed, taking care not to overcrowd the pan. If cooking in batches, add all vegetables back to the pan when cooked. Add tomatoes and corn and cook for another 30 seconds or so. Season vegetables with salt and pepper and remove from heat.
- Spoon polenta into bowls and top with vegetable mixture. Garnish with fresh basil.