By: Kaytee Querro
For the Syrup:
1/4 cup whole cloves
2 whole star anise
1 teaspoon ground allspice
1 teaspoon whole black peppercorn
Pinch crushed red pepper
For the Cocktail:
3/4 ounce fresh cranberry juice
1/2 ounce Cardamaro Amaro
1/2 ounce Wild Turkey Bourbon
1/4 ounce syrup
2 shakes or 8 drops Angostura Bitters
Cocktail skewer with a cherry and rosemary sprig, for garnish
- For the Syrup: Toss whole spices in a dry, hot pan for approximately 30 seconds to activate the oils.
- Move spices into a pan, add allspice, crushed red pepper and 3 cups of water. Bring the water to a boil, once boiling lower the heat and let simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and once the water is cooled below approximately 100°F strain spices, measure liquid again and add an equal amount of sugar, stir to dissolve. Syrup lasts approximately 3 weeks in the refrigerator.
- For the Cocktail: Add all ingredients into a mixing glass. Add ice and stir with a bar spoon for 20 seconds until ingredients and thoroughly mixed and some dilution had occurred.
- Using a hawthorn strainer, strain cocktail into a coupe or martini glass.
- Garnish with a cherry and a small rosemary sprig on a drink skewer. Enjoy!