Chicken Caprese Skillet
By: Meghan McGarry
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Cuisine: Italian
- Course: Dinner
- 2 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1.5 pounds chicken breasts, 4 pieces total
- Salt and Pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cups balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons light brown sugar
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped (plus additional for garnish)
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 8 slices
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in an Anolon Advanced Onyx Skillet over medium-high heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper and cook for about 10 minutes, flipping halfway through, until chicken is golden and cooked through. Transfer to a plate.
- Add remaining tablespoon of olive oil to skillet followed by minced garlic. Sauté garlic for 30-45 seconds until fragrant. Lower heat and add balsamic vinegar slowly, being very careful as you add the vinegar. Add light brown sugar and stir to dissolve.
- Increase heat back to medium heat and as soon as the balsamic comes up to a bubble, add halved cherry tomatoes. Cook for about 4 minutes, just until tomatoes start to soften. Add chopped basil and toss everything together.
- Reduce heat to low and return chicken to the pan. Spoon sauce on top of the chicken so all the flavors can come together. Top each piece of chicken with 2 slices of cheese and then cover skillet for about 3 minutes so cheese can melt.
- Remove from heat, garish with additional basil and serve.