- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 French baguette, sliced into 1/4-inch rounds
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pound ham, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces Swiss cheese, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Powdered sugar, for dusting
- Fruit preserve of choice, for serving
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Whisk eggs and milk together until smooth. Heat an Anolon® Advanced™ Umber skillet or crepe pan over medium high heat and swirl ½ tablespoon of butter across the bottom of the pan.
- Dip each piece of bread, front and back into the egg mixture and cook until golden brown on each side. Repeat with remaining bread and butter as space permits in the pan.
- Lay half of the French bread slices on an Anolon® baking sheet. Top each piece with 2 slices of ham, folding as needed. Top with 1 slice of Swiss cheese and an additional piece of French toast. Bake sandwiches for 5 minutes, or until ham is hot and cheese is melted.
- Remove sandwiches from the oven, dust with powered sugar and serve with fruit preserve of choice.
- Yield: 6 Servings
- Course: Breakfast