Ponzu Pineapple Poke Bowl
2 1/2 cups each (2 Servings)
- 2/3 cup white or brown rice
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 8 ounces sushi grade ahi tuna, cut into 1/2 inch dices
- 1/4 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
- 1/2 avocado, cut into 1/2 inch dices
- 1/2 cup fresh pineapple, diced
- 1/2 jalapeno, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup scallions, sliced
- In an Anolon Advanced Saucepan, cook the rice according to package directions. Set aside, covered if serving warm or uncovered if serving room temperature.
- In a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, lime juice, and mirin. In a medium bowl, combine the tuna and 1/4 cup of the soy sauce mixture, tossing gently. Set aside 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet over medium-low heat, toast the macadamia nuts, stirring frequently, until lightly browned, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a plate and set aside to cool. Gently stir the avocado into the tuna mixture. Arrange the rice in bowls and top with the tuna mixture. Arrange the pineapple, jalapeno, and scallions around the tuna. Drizzle with the remaining soy sauce mixture, sprinkle with the macadamia nuts, and serve.