Quick Chicken and White Beans Skillet Supper
By: Rosemary Mark
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Prep: 10 mins
- Ready In: 35 mins
- Cook: 25 mins
- Course: Dinner
- 2 strips bacon, diced
- 12 ounces red or white thin-skinned potatoes, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 1-2 leeks , cleaned and sliced
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 3 carrots, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh or crushed dried rosemary, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 1/4 cups reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/4 pounds chicken breast, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 1 15 ounce can small white beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- In a 10-12-inch skillet with lid, cook bacon (uncovered) until crisp. Remove from pan; drain fat, reserving 1 tablespoon in pan.
- Add potatoes, leeks, celery, carrots, rosemary and thyme. Cook 3-5 minutes on medium-high heat until softened, adding 1/4 cup chicken broth when vegetables start to brown. Stir, scraping up browned bits.
- Add remaining broth, chicken and beans. Bring to a simmer; cover and cook 15-20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender. Uncover and simmer briefly to thicken sauce if desired.
- Serve in shallow bowls topped with reserved bacon and parsley.