- 5 ounces capellini pasta
- 8 ounces thick-cut bacon
- 3 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 ounces fresh Parmesan cheese, grated
- In a skillet, cook the bacon until crispy. Remove the bacon from the pan and discard all but 2 tablespoons of the fat. Meanwhile, cook the capellini according to the package directions.
- Sauté the onion and garlic in the bacon fat in the same skillet until tender. Add the tomatoes, basil, salt and pepper and cook until slightly softened and bubbly. Stir in the bacon. Toss the capellini in the skillet with the tomato mixture. Serve with Parmesan cheese, if desired.