- 3/4 cup milk*
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, white or cider vinegar
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup regular or quick oats
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons melted butter or vegetable oil
- sliced banana and chopped walnuts, optional
- maple syrup
- Stir together the milk and lemon juice or vinegar in a medium bowl or two-cup measuring cup. Let stand a few minutes for milk to curdle.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Whisk eggs and butter or oil into milk. Stir into dry mixture just until blended.
- Heat a non-stick skillet or griddle on medium heat. Scoop scant 1/4-cupfuls onto hot pan; top with banana and walnuts if desired. Cook about 2 minutes until bubbles rise to the top and burst, and bottoms are golden brown. Turn and cook second side until goldenbrown. Repeat to use all the batter. Serve warm with syrup if desired.
8 4-inch pancakes
- Ready In: 15 mins
- Cook: 10 mins