- 2 onions, cut in quarters
- 10 cloves garlic, unpeeled
- 2 cups carrots, peeled and cut into 1 to 2-inch pieces
- 1 medium celery root, peeled, cut into 1 to 2-inch pieces
- 2 parsnips, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 small turnips
- 1-2 Japanese or regular sweet potatoes (not yams), peeled and cut into 3-inch pieces
- 1 cup winter squash, peeled and cut into 2-inch cubes
- 2-3 potatoes, cut into quarters, about 2-inches
- 1-2 white or gold beets, peeled and cut into quarters
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 3 sprigs rosemary
- 3 sprigs thyme
- 2 tablespoons neutral oil, e.g., vegetable/canola oil
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh or dried rosemary
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Combine all the vegetables in an Anolon Advanced 11 x 17-Inch Baking Sheet. Add the olive oil, salt and pepper and toss well. Add the herb sprigs. Be sure that the vegetables are spread out so that they roast and not steam. Use more than one baking dish if you need to. Cover the dish.
- Bake for 40 minutes. Remove the cover and see if the vegetables are cooked through. Cook for another 5 minutes or until the vegetables are tender but not mushy. Remove the herb sprigs and add salt and pepper.
- While the vegetables are cooking, combine the glaze ingredients and cook for about 5 to 10 minutes until thickened and syrupy. Pour over the vegetables right before serving and stir to combine. Serve hot in an Anolon Vesta Oval Au Gratin baking dish.
- Yield: 8-10 Servings
- Cuisine: American
- Course: Side Dish