For the Dressing:
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 2 teaspoons drained capers
For the Burgers:
- 1 1/2 pounds 80% lean ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 slices American or cheddar cheese
- 4 hamburger rolls
- 4 slices beefsteak tomato
- 4 thin slices Vidalia or other sweet onion
- 6 slices cooked bacon
- 12 bread and butter pickle chips
- Combine the mayonnaise, ketchup, relish and capers in a small bowl; set aside.
- For the burgers gently form the beef into four patties about 1/2 inch thick with a slight depression in the center to help for even cooking. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Heat a nonstick grill pan over medium heat until hot. Add the patties and cook 4 minutes. Turn the burgers, top each with a slice of cheese and cook 4 minutes longer for medium-rare or until desired doneness. During the last minute of cooking time cover the pan to help melt the cheese. Remove from the heat.
- Place roll bottoms onto each of 4 plates. Top each with a tomato slice, onion slice, patty, 1 1/2 bacon slices and 4 pickle chips. Spread the cut side of the top half of each roll with the dressing and set atop the burger.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Cuisine: American
- Course: Dinner