- Preparation for Chimichurri: Mix vinegar, salt, garlic, shallot and jalapeño or Serrano pepper together in a medium-sized bowl and let sit for 15 minutes.
- Stir in parsley, cilantro and oregano.
- Whisk in the oil slowly until well combined, but not too oily.
- Season with salt to taste. (Store in a sealed container in refrigerator for up to one week.)
- Preparation for Surf & Turf: Sprinkle steak with salt and pepper and allow to rest at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, peel the shrimp by pulling the outer shell off starting from the legs.
- To devein the shrimp, simply cut a shallow slit down the middle of the back to expose the dark intestine. Gently remove it with a pairing knife, rinse under cold water and set aside.
- Toss shrimp with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of vegetable oil to an Anolon Try Ply Grill Pan, and turn burners to medium-high heat.
- Cook steak for 3-4 minutes per side for medium rare and transfer to a cutting board allowing it to rest for about 10 minutes.
- Cook shrimp for 1-2 minutes per side.
- Add the tomatoes and cook for about 4 minutes, moving them occasionally to char the outer skin.
- Thinly slice the steak against the grain.
Lightly brush the steak, shrimp and tomatoes with Chimichurri Sauce and enjoy!