Herbed Sweet Potato Gratin
By: Heather Cheney
- Yield: 6 Servings
- Cuisine: American
- Course: Side Dish
- 1 pound russet potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 pound sweet potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 1/3 cups heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 375°F. In an oven-safe Anolon Nouvelle Copper 4 Qt. Chef Casserole, heat cream, butter and garlic over medium heat and bring to a low simmer. Remove pan from heat. Stir in salt, pepper, and herbs followed by the grated cheese.
- Add potatoes to the pan, arranging the slices so that most of them can be submerged in the cream mixture.
- Cover pan with a lid or foil and bake in the oven for 30 minutes. Remove cover and continue to bake until the top is golden and edges are crispy-- about 20 more minutes. Allow to rest for 10 minutes before serving.